Are you getting ready for longer, sunnier days, spring break and getting one month closer to the end of the school year? So are we! Spring is the perfect season to close out winter and do some spring cleaning. Here are our tips for spring cleaning at a childcare center:
Sanitize floors to remove muck and germs that built up over winter. Steam cleaning hard surfaces like linoleum or hardwood and using a carpet cleaner to clean carpets is your best bet. Search for professional cleaners in your area. Or, if you’re on a budget, most home improvement stores offer affordable rental options. Plan on about an hour per room and 24 hours to fully dry. A great way to clean floors on a budget is to rent cleaners, come in on a Saturday morning (or another day you don’t have kids in school), clean and be done by lunch time, and then come back on Monday to a facility that feels like new! We’ve heard it turns into a team event too – just don’t forget to bring the donuts!
Your center is probably no stranger to a mess – crayons, markers, books, toys get strewn around. Here are our favorite organizing hacks:
- Supply buckets: get small (1 gallon or less) buckets and keep crayons, markers and other small supplies separated into their own bucket. The handles make it easy for kids to carry without spilling, and clean-up time become a game: match the right supply to the right bucket.
- Prep bins: get larger tote bins and put all supplies for a single activity into each bin. For example, if you’re doing a self-portrait, put paper, crayons and other materials into a bin with a lid. When it’s time for the activity, take out the bin, distribute supplies and when it’s time to clean-up, everything goes back in the same bin.
- Label maker! Need we say more? Having a label maker for your supply buckets, prep bins and other boxes makes it easy to find what you’re looking for and easier to put things back where they belong.
Spring is a good time to shred old files. Make sure you know your state’s laws for record retention. 7 years is usually a very safe bet. Many communities offer free shredding events to safely dispose of documents that are no longer needed. Check out Shredit.com to see if there’s an event near you.
4. Upgrade Systems
Just as you sanitize your floors, organize your supplies and get rid of files you no longer need, spring is also a great time to upgrade your systems. Do you have a mobile app for parents to manage attendance, pay bills and get updates? Do you have an electronic registration form? How about a way for parents to book a tour on your website? If you don’t or your current systems are older than the documents you’re shredding, give us 30 minutes to explain how Smartcare can help organize your day-to-day operations, delight parents and increase revenue.
Interested in learning more?
Schedule a Demo
Your live demo will include how to:
- Send billing and post payments
- Record attendance history
- Retain medical information
- Note incidents, successes, and birthdays
- Make payments at your center
- Create real-time communication with parents
- Use leads to nurture prospective families
Meet all your center’s needs with our cohesive child care and preschool software solutions