Summer can be a unique time for a childcare center. Normal routines get disrupted. Everyone seems like they are in vacation mode. And yet, you probably feel busier than ever. We think summer is a great opportunity expand your program offerings and think about improving in the next year.
Summer activities can present different challenges and opportunities than the school year.
Do you run a summer camp or offer summer specific activities? Consider offering summer programs for school-age children. This is a great way to make use of extra space at your facility and helps parents find quality care.
Smartcare can help in several ways:
- If you’re already using Smartcare, use our messaging feature to message parents to promote your summer programs. Chances are many of your parents have school-age children!
- Better yet, if you’re using Smartcare, ask your families if they have school-age children and use tags to tag families with school-age children so that you can filter for just that group, and message them specifically.
- Use our online enrollment feature to quickly get information about children enrolling in summer programs and eliminate data entry.
- Use our billing feature to bill by attendance, flat fee or on-demand, based on the fees for your program.
- Use our lesson planning functionality to build engaging activities specific to your summer program, keeping kids engaged and parents satisfied.
- Track attendance for all of your programs, keeping children safe and giving parents peace of mind.
Getting Ready for Next Year
In addition to using summer as an opportunity to expand program offerings, summer is also a great time to get ready for next year.
Use the change in pace to look back at the prior year and assess your performance. These are just a few questions to ask yourself. Each situation is different, but in general, this a good place to start.
- Were you in ratio compliance for all your classes for the prior year?
- Are you collecting over 98% of charges in less than 30 days?
- Did you meet your budget, especially for teacher payroll?
- Did you complete assessments on all children and discuss the outcome with parents?
Smartcare has tools to help you improve next year. At a high level, Smartcare is an all-in-one platform to manage a childcare center, with functionality including:
- Manage multiple locations from anywhere
- Online enrollment and registration
- Manage attendance
- Automate billing, payment collection and account integration
- Class, student and teacher scheduling
- Employee hours worked and paid time off
- Curriculum, lesson plans, assessments and activity tracking
- Custom reporting
- And much more!
Schedule a Demo
Your live demo will include how to:
- Send billing and post payments
- Record attendance history
- Retain medical information
- Note incidents, successes, and birthdays
- Make payments at your center
- Create real-time communication with parents
- Use leads to nurture prospective families